Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tatebanko


      These are Tatebankos they are a Japanese art that uses paper to make a 3D scene. To make this first I cut out some perfectly square  pieces of card stock. Then I drew a picture made so I could cut a hole on the middle with a razor blade. Make as many as you want, but it is easy to start with five.



I cut out six more square papers (I used construction paper so it could be a different color) then taped them in a cross shape. Cut out a smaller square in the side paper.  ( the square I'm cutting in the picture)



Then tape all of them ( in the order you want ) facing the side with the hole in it then fold all the sides up to form a box.


Tape the sides that come up together and your Tatebanko should be finished.








If you want a video tutorial COMMENT!!!!

-Colson 

No comments:

Post a Comment